2017 Ice Hockey Classic MELBOURNE JUNE 24 - Darryl Sittler and Friends Fantasy Ice Hockey 4 on 4 Game (LIMITED NUMBERS)
We have an opportunity for you to experience another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; “Darryl Sittler and Friends 4 on 4 Fantasy”! Because of your involvement last year with the Wayne Gretzky 4 on 4 we want you to have first right of refusal for this year’s event. We are so excited to have secured Darryl for this year’s Ice Hockey Classic as head coach for Team Canada and he has agreed to host the 4 on 4 Fantasy Game. He will be joined by some other very special guests, Dave “Tiger” Williams (former Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks alumni member and Coach of Team USA), Stephane Matteau (player and assistant coach for the USA), Terry Yake (player/assistant coach for Canada) and the one and only…Denis Lemieux (the goalie from the movie Slapshot) for this one-of-a-kind event! As like last year, the NHL boys for the main will join us for last 20 minutes of the 4 on 4 game.
This year’s event will be a bit more exciting than last year, as we have added a special draft night to the Fantasy Game. On Thursday, June 22nd we will host a Team Canada/Team USA open practice at Hisense Arena where you will be one of our special VIP guests and participate in a hockey draft to determine the makeup of the teams for the Fantasy Game two days later at the Hisense Arena. There is also an opportunity to have a pre game skate in the morning and leave your equipment in the rink! This event is in support of the Stopconcussions Foundation, Brain Injury Australia and Ice Hockey Australia.
Darryl Sittler (Coach Canada)
- Darryl will play one period with each team and will ensure that all players get at least one shift with “the 10-point guy!”
- Darryl was Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1975 – 1982
- February 7, 1976, he produced the greatest offensive game in the history of the National Hockey League, guaranteeing his place in the record books even after Wayne Gretzky had come and gone
- Inducted to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1989
- Elected to the Ontario Sports Hall of Fame in 2003
- Elected to the Canadian Walk of Fame in 2016
- In 2017 was named one of the Top 100 NHL Greatest Players in history
Dave “Tiger” Williams (Coach USA)
- former professional ice hockey player who played in the National Hockey League (NHL) from the 1974–75 NHL season to the 1987–88 NHL season. Tiger played for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings and Hartford Whalers
- NHL's career leader in penalty minutes of all-time
- Most NHL career regular season penalty minutes: 3,966
- Most NHL penalty minutes, career, including playoffs: 4,421
Terry Yake (Assistant Player Assistant Coach)
· Over 400 games in the National Hockey League
· Still competes for the Allan Cup, the premier trophy for Canada Amateurs
Stephane Matteau (Assistant Player Coach USA)
- former National Hockey League player who played over 800 regular season games. He was originally drafted in the second round, 25th overall by the Calgary Flames in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft
- His second goal came at 4:24 of the second overtime of Game 7 at Madison Square Garden. Matteau scored off a wrap around that bounced off a stick on the left side of New Jersey's rookie goaltender Martin Brodeur, a play which has been immortalized by the dramatic play-by-play call of Rangers radio announcer Howie Rose: “Fetisov for the Devils plays it cross-ice, into the far corner. Matteau swoops in to intercept. Matteau behind the net, swings it in front, HE SCORES! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! STEPHANE MATTEAU! AND THE RANGERS HAVE ONE MORE HILL TO CLIMB, BABY!”
- Goalie from the movie Slap Shot. The 1977 film not only the greatest hockey movie ever made, but perhaps the funniest sports comedy, as well.
- Denis Lemieux had some of the best lines in the movie but nothing better than the opening scene between Jim Carr and Denis Lemieux:
Jim Carr: Hi, Jim Carr again. Denis, I know that some in our audience don't know the finer points of hockey. Could you tell them, for example, what is icing?
Denis Lemieux: Well, um, icing happen when the puck come down, bang you know, before the other guys you know. Nobody there, you know. My arm go up, then the game stop, then start up.
- You will receive:
- Team Jersey with a “C” (not custom, pre-selected number with no names)
- 2 tickets to the Ice Hockey Classic
- Autographed by Darryl Sittler - a baseball cap, an 8x10 photo, a 10- point puck
- Autographed by Dave Tiger Williams - a puck, 8x10 photo
- Autographed by Denis Lemieux - a special 8x10 photo
- Pre-game skate
- Admission to the VIP open practice event at O’Brien Group Arena June 22
- Admission to VIP after Party with the teams June 24
- Photo opportunities will be available throughout the two-day fantasy weekend.
- Photos and video will be taken of the 4 on 4 at Hisense Arena.
GAME DAY ITINERARY
Game Day Saturday 24 June
4.00PM Please arrive at Hisense Arena. Please enter through security entrance. Scott Davidson and Kerry Goulet will be your contact persons and an usher will take you to the player change rooms.
4.30PM Please be in the dressing room for pre-game instructions
5.10PM Darryl and Friends on ice for pre-game skate and warm
4.50PM Please be in the dressing room for pre-game instructions
5.10PM Darryl and Friends on ice for pre-game skate and warm up.
5.25PM Puck dropping Ceremony
5.30PM First period commences.
5:50PM Second Period Concludes. There will be a 2-star selection and presentation.
7.30PM USA v CANADA main game commences.
* times and agenda can vary and/or change at anytime
* on ice participants will need to complete an Indemnity form
* all players and celebs are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances